Monday, May 19, 2008

Privacy Questions Araised

I've heard of a future possibility to have Radio Frequency Identification tags implanted under a person's skin, and it made me think... Well I do not by any means deny that such chips in our credit cards do really protect our personal and credit data from being easily stolen... But why carry the chips transmitting you info right from inside your body?
Aren't we much more exposed to ID theft while walking down the street or standing in line at a store? You know about the existence and ease accessibility of special readers that can scan your data at a distance. I think such devices can find great application among criminals looking to use your info in fraudulent purposes.
If i ever am offered to carry such a chip under my skin, I would definitely refuse...

No comments: